Mobility First Thoughts

Starting off the day with a good overview of how the internet works as well as how it came into existence is pretty fascinating in itself; however, the true beauty lies in the visual representation of how the internet really looks like! The way the internet looks like on a global scale is so big and complex that it actually resembles the galaxy in a way. Aside from the map of the internet, I really liked how the internet isn’t only software. It was interesting to find out that there are many routers, switches and hubs that connect to one another to produce an internet connection. I was finally able to grasp the basic concept of what goes on behind the scenes every time I connect to wifi. Finally, what caught my interest the most was the idea of spoofing as well as the vulnerabilities and weaknesses that ip addresses have. So far, this mobility first workshop seems to be interesting and I’m glad I took this perfect opportunity to try learn more about the future of the internet. I can’t wait to see what’s next in week 2!